How to Promote your Blog?
The key to a successful blog is to promote it. There are many ways to do this. By completing a few simple tasks, you can increase traffic flow, produce better search hits and get more feedback from your readers--all while improving your blog. So what are you waiting for? Get started promoting your blog now with these steps.
1. Make sure that you have great original content. It's the quality that matters, not quantity. Give people what they want and do it consistently. Being a one-hit-wonder in a band or in blogging is not a good thing. I take that back, being a one-hit-wonder in a band can still make you millions these days, but in blogging it’s no good. Try and have quality content on a regular basis. It doesn’t have to be daily, just on a regular basis. You may decide to post once a week or twice a week, whatever, just be consistent. If you post three times a week for a month then that’s what your audience will come to expect.
2. Keep it new and fresh. Blog frequently. Updated content tends to drive more traffic than old, outdated posts.
3. Know your readers and their interests. To keep your loyal readers satisfied, be sure to maintain your style of writing.
4. Use good keywords in your titles, links and blog posts. Good keywords will increase your chances of being found in Internet searches.
5. Become active in the blogging community. Get out there and create exposure by getting involved. Make a proactive effort to get to know some other bloggers in your niche. Don’t be afraid to fill out a contact form or send an email just to introduce yourself.
6. Spread the word. Be sure to talk about your blog on other sites. Also when you’re trying to build your blog’s exposure comments are often hard to come by. You can show readers that you appreciate their comments and encourage more interaction by responding to all comments that you receive.
7. Get noticed. Try submitting your blog to a variety of directories and registries. Some of the popular blog directories are,
8. Promote your blogs with your social media profiles. Make an effort to share links to other people’s posts via
social media. Everyone loves traffic, so other bloggers will really appreciate this. Also, some of them will reciprocate by sharing links to your content.
Because social media can be so effective for building traffic many bloggers use it just for this purpose. In order
to have a real impact with social media you’ll need to get involved with the community of users. Most users
don’t appreciate other users who only participate in order to promote their own content.
- Share links at Twitter : Share the link via your Twitter profile. You can also share links to older posts from your archives when you want to get a little bit of attention for posts that have been buried in the archives.
tweet?text=Honeymoon+in+Asia& url=http%3A%2F%2Fbest- honeymoon-in-asia.blogspot.com%2F%23. UsPcAsfqaq4.twitter&related=
- Share links at Facebook : Just like you should be sharing links to your posts on Twitter, also share them on
Facebook. I would recommend setting up a Facebook page for your blog rather than just relying on your personal profile. For example, i shared my blog Honeymoon in Asia on Facebook, so the result would be the following link.
sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A% 2F%2Fbest-honeymoon-in-asia. blogspot.com%2F%23.UsPUfuXvI_M.facebook
- Share pins at Pinterest : Include images in your blog posts and pin them via your Pinterest profile.
- Participate in LinkedIn groups : LinkedIn offers users the opportunity to join groups, which is a great way to
network with others in your industry.
- Share links at Reddit : Reddit has been around for years, and it’s still a popular social media site where you
can share your links.
- Share links at Stumbleupon : Stumbleupon is also one of the most popular sites where you can share your
There are a lot more social media sites where you can promote and share your blogs. You can also use social
media to follow other bloggers in addition to using it for your own promotional purposes.
Thus, there’s no quick fix for promoting your blog. It takes work, good old fashioned blue-collar work. If you like your blog’s topic enough then there’s a good chance you won’t mind putting in the time and it won’t feel like work at all. Making a successful blog starts with one post at a time.